Professional Full Mouth Dental Implants in Independence, KY
SECURITY AND STABILITY, for as little as $65/month
Tooth loss can affect your quality of life. Besides impacting your chewing function, it can also make you too self-conscious to smile or talk confidently. Luckily, with dental implants, you can restore tooth function and have a beautiful, healthy smile.
Dental implants are an optimal solution for patients with healthy gums, enough bone density, and overall good oral health to support the implant. Unlike other tooth replacement options, permanent false teeth don’t slip or click when you eat, laugh, or talk. And they help support a healthy bite and keep your jawbone healthy so that your facial structure stays intact.
At Peter Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we provide comprehensive care and personalized solutions coupled with an expert diagnosis and custom treatment plans from our talented dentists to meet the individualized needs of each patient. With our types of dental implants, you receive permanent false teeth or set of teeth that function just like your natural teeth to completely rejuvenate your smile, boost your confidence and improve your overall oral health!
What are Dental Implants?
An implant is a small post, usually made of titanium that serves as a substitute for the tooth’s root. It’s secured into the jaw, and a connector, known as an abutment, is placed on top of the implant, which connects it to the crown (replacement tooth). The crown is custom-made to match your natural teeth, giving you the most natural-looking and natural feeling smile.
What Are The Different Types Of Dental Implants?
There are two types of implants:
● Endosteal implant: This is the most commonly used type of implant to replace your teeth. Endosteal implants include bladed types, cylinder types (smooth), or screw types (threaded). Since endosteal implants are inserted into the jawbone, you must have sufficient jawbone health and density.
● Subperiosteal implant: This type of implant is rarely used today. Subperiosteal implants may be used in patients with insufficient healthy natural jawbone. When subperiosteal implants are used, they are placed underneath the gums but above the jawbone.
What To Expect From an Implant Procedure
An implant procedure is usually an outpatient surgery performed in stages, with healing time between procedures. The process of placing a dental implant involves multiple steps, including:
● Teeth extraction (if necessary) – If you still have a remaining tooth that needs to be replaced, our dentist will remove it before the dental work is performed. You can have this done at the same time as the implant insertion.
● Place screws (surgical procedure) – During surgery, a titanium post is inserted into the socket of your missing tooth. As your bone and tissue heals, the implant fuses with your jawbone, anchoring it into your jaw. This process can take around two or three months.
● Place abutments – Once your implant successfully bonds to your jawbone, our dental team will insert an abutment.
● Place permanent false teeth on abutments: We will design and fabricate a replacement tooth that looks, feels, and functions just like your natural teeth. Our dentist will then attach the crown to the abutment, and your dental implant is complete.
This process will take several appointments, and much of that time is devoted to healing and waiting for the growth of new bone in your jaw.
How Long Implants Last?
Typically, full-mouth dental implants can last for 10-20 years. To extend your implant’s lifespan, be sure to maintain excellent oral hygiene through regular brushing and flossing and go for dental check-ups twice a year.
How Much Do Full Dental Implants Cost?
While the cost of full dental implants varies, it is increasingly more common now to see implant coverage with your dental insurance. At Peter Family and Cosmetic Dentistry we will thoroughly examine your mouth and provide you with a customized treatment plan for dental implant options.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
If you are considering permanent artificial teeth, you need to see the best implant dentist possible. At Peter Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we use the latest techniques and technologies to achieve outstanding results and provide you with a natural-looking smile. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.