One easy way to know if you are a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry is if you hide your teeth in photos or cover your mouth when laughing to hide your smile. At Peter Family & Cosmetic Dentistry we look for ways to help you get a perfect smile that you can feel confident about and that you will want to show off.
Meet With Our Cosmetic Dental Team
The first step with any cosmetic treatment starts with meeting our team. We will do a thorough consultation to see the current state of your teeth and go over your goals for your smile to create a treatment plan for you. The next steps are as follows:
Using advanced 3D imaging and photography, our team will examine your mouth for any chips, cavities, or cracks in your teeth as well as alignment. This will help create a mold if you decide to fix any of these cosmetic and restorative issues.
This physical exam will check the porousness of your teeth, any staining, and anything on your gums or tongue to help with a diagnosis. These will all be used to create a cosmetic treatment plan for you to give you the smile you have always wanted.
Follow Recommended Treatment Plan
During the consultation or initial appointment, the dentist will walk you through his recommended treatment plan to give you the results you are looking for. You will have the ultimate decision making on how you would like to proceed. Some of the many cosmetic dental treatments, and their purposes, we use to give you a stunning and natural-looking smile are below:
- Crowns: These are great for a full covering of the tooth to give you a strong and seamless smile.
- Veneers: Since these are stain resistant and translucent these thin shells will give you a seamless smile and cover any chips or imperfections on your teeth.
- Bridges: These are useful for missing teeth and it consists of a dental crown being placed in the gap while attached to one or two remaining teeth to give it support.
- Dental Implants: Regardless of the dental accessory placed on top, these implants use titanium rods to function like a tooth’s root to give support and stimulation to the jaw while being a placeholder, protecting your alignment and bite.
- Dental Bonding: this moldable tooth-colored putty works to cover small chips, cracks, and stains in your teeth.
- Teeth Whitening: The whitening solution is applied to the teeth with our customized trays that removes stains to give you a brighter smile.
Prolong Your Restored Smile
Now that you have a beautifully crafted smile, it is up to you to take care of it. There are multiple easy steps to keep your smile strong and bright. Some are these steps are:
Make sure to brush your teeth twice daily regardless of whatever treatment you receive. This will help keep your treatment last longer and protect your teeth against infections, bacteria, and cavities.
Brushing without flossing is not nearly as effective because food and bacteria will get trapped in between your teeth causing inflammation and gum disease. Floss at least once a day to keep your mouth and smile healthy.
Mouthwash (especially one with fluoride or anti-plaque agents) is great after flossing to get rid of all of the bacteria you just removed from between your teeth. This will reach all the spots in your mouth that regular brushing and flossing does not get.
Schedule Routine Dental Appointment With Us Today!
Gain confidence in your smile with our customized cosmetic dentistry with an experienced and dedicated team to give you a stunning smile and stronger dental health. Call us today to see how we can help you.