Whether you are new to Peter Family & Cosmetic Dentistry or you are a regular patient, you will receive a thorough and all-in-one cleaning and dental exam from our dental team.
Here at Peter Family & Cosmetic Dentistry we believe in excellent care with the comfort of being a family dentistry so you and your whole family can come to one office to get the treatment you need.
What to Expect at Your Dental Visit
Every dentist office runs their dentistry a little different so to help with dental anxiety we have laid out exactly how your dental visit will go so you can be prepared. Your dental hygiene appointment will have the following:
- Polishing teeth: This will remove plaque and stains that are not removed from regular at-home brushing.
- Removing plaque: We use special dental instruments and techniques to remove the sticky plaque that forms on your teeth. This removes built up food, salvia, and bacteria that inflames the gums and starts the periodontal disease so it is very important to get that removed.
- Tooth decay check: The dentist will check your teeth for tooth decay using dental instruments.
- Screening for oral cancer: This screening consists of the dentist checking the face, tongue, neck, throat, gums and lips for lumps or signs of oral cancer.
- Evaluate for gum disease: This is an examination of the bone and gums around your teeth for signs of periodontal disease.
- Removing calculus (tartar): When plaque hardens it creates calculus, only specific dental instruments are able to remove this build up that is attached to the tooth’s surface.
- Diagnostic radiographs (X-rays): Imaging is essential to detect tumors, cysts, decay, and bone loss as well as root and tooth positions.
- Existing restorations exam: During your appointment the dentist will look at the past treatment you have received such as crowns and fillings.
- Dental health scans: This is an all over scan for any and all oral health threats. This once over scan will help you and us better understand your dental health and its needs.
While every part of your appointment helps protect your oral health and help you feel clean and confident it also helps us create a treatment plan for your needs and wants.
Your routine dental visits are there to help with removal of bacteria and buildup to keep your oral health in tiptop shape but also to give you the peace of mind that comes with early detection of gum disease and oral cancer.
Healthy Smiles at Peter Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
We want to make you and your family feel comfortable going to a dentist that understands your wants and needs. We are experienced in children, adult, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry which makes us a perfect place for the whole family.
We also know that dental anxiety is a real thing; that is why we have a friendly and experienced dental team to give you excellent care in a calming environment.
Regardless of your situation, you need to have regular dental hygiene appointments to protect your overall health. If you cannot remember your last dental visit then now is a great time to schedule one!
Call Us Today and See How We Can Protect Your Dental Health!
Take control of your oral health and peace of mind by scheduling an appointment with our excellent dental team at Peter Family & Cosmetic Dentistry. Do not put your dental health on the backburner because you may be paying for it in the long run. If you have any questions about our team or what to expect at your dental visit, please do not hesitate to give us a call.
Call or request an appointment today!