No one wants a missing tooth, and it can feel like a lot of effort to get one or two teeth replaced but can quickly change how you feel about your smile. A tooth replacement does a lot more than just affect whether you smile in family photographs but it could save your oral health.
Replacements restore oral functionality, prevent further dental complications, and improve aesthetics, contributing to overall health and quality of life. Replacing missing teeth with dental implants is a proactive step towards maintaining your oral and general health.
What Options Are Available?
Luckily, there are many great options available for a tooth replacement. The most common tooth replacement treatments are a crown, implant, or bridge. These will function like your original tooth and give your smile a cosmetic boost. At Peter Family & Cosmetic Dentistry we will walk you through all of your options and help you pick the one that works for you.
Process of a Tooth Replacement
If you decide to go for the implant process this comes with added benefits because you can choose the dental accessory that is placed on top to give you a more customized look. The implant treatment typically follows this order:
- Step One. During your consultation or initial appointment the dentist will take imaging to get a guide and blueprint for the implant procedure.
- Step Two. This blueprint will be used to place the titanium implant rods and align them with your other remaining teeth.
- Step Three. These rods are then fused to your jawbone creating a rootlike function for the dental accessory to be placed on top after healing.
- Final Step. After the site has healed completely and the implant has bonded with your bone the crown or other dental accessory will be attached.
This treatment will take place in our office and will take multiple appointments to ensure the most successful result possible. It is important for the site to heal completely to minimize inflammation or pain.
Implants are a great support system for your replacement tooth regardless if you choose a bridge or crown to be secured to it. This implant-supported treatment will give you a fully functioning tooth once again.
Dental Implants Are Great for a Replacement Tooth
If you are looking for a complete replacement for your original tooth in terms of function, looks, and feel, a dental implant is the way to go. The benefits of dental implants specifically for a replacement treatment include:
- Easy eating.
- Restored smile.
- Rootlike function.
- Stimulates the jaw.
- Boosts confidence.
- Strengthens oral health.
A dental implant gives you something that no other treatment provides—a tooth root. This will keep your jaw stronger and your face more youthful.
Should I Replace My Missing Tooth?
The missing teeth pose numerous risks and can lead to many more serious health problems including the following:
- Bone loss: A severe consequence, as your jawbone needs stimulation from chewing to maintain its mass. Without a tooth, the bone starts to degrade.
- Gum disease: This painful condition causes inflammation, bleeding, and potential tooth loss, often invited by bone degradation.
- Gum recession: Often accompanies gum disease, exposing your tooth roots and increasing sensitivity.
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMD): The misalignment caused by a missing tooth can lead to TMD, causing discomfort and jaw pain.
- Lowered self-confidence: The aesthetic impact can affect your social interactions and mental well-being.
Replacing your missing tooth is not just about aesthetics; it’s a critical decision for your comprehensive oral health. Don’t let a missing tooth dictate your health or confidence. Ask our office about dental implant replacement options today!
Call us Today for a Consultation!
Take back your self-confidence and oral health by scheduling an appointment with Peter Family & Cosmetic Dentistry to see what treatment plan works for you.