By the time you realizeyou are experiencing a dental emergency and need an emergency appointment, you may have a tough time finding a dentist with open emergency availability—not at Peter Family & Cosmetic Dentistry. When you are in need, call our dental clinic in Independence to be seen as soon as possible by an emergency dentist to save you time, pain, and embarrassment.
If you have a dental emergency, then your oral health is in danger! Whether your tooth got knocked out, chipped, or your gums are bleeding it can mean serious damage is also happening to your dental health. Call now for a consultation!
Do I Need Emergency Dental Care?
You probably already know if you are having an emergency, but in case you want to be sure with a dental office before showing up, you can always give our office a call. We’ll be happy to talk you through your problem and help you decide if this incident is the reason for an emergency.
In case of any emergency it is helpful to know what dental professionals have seen and why you should come in.
You Are a Good Candidate for Emergency Dental Care If…
- You have lost a tooth from trauma or injury: If possible, try to save the tooth and we will attempt to put it back in the socket so that you can keep your tooth. The sooner you can get to see us the better.
- You have a severe toothache: You may try to deal with the pain but that might hurt you more in the long run because toothaches can be side effects of:
- TMJ disorders.
- Bruxism (tooth grinding).
- Pain: This is any facial pain, in the jaw, tooth, or gum. If there is serious pain in these areas it is a good idea to schedule a dental appointment.
- To mediate the pain while you wait to meet with the dentist, you can try using a cold compress and taking pain medicine.
- Bleeding in your gums or mouth: This should be cause for concern and you should definitely get in contact with our dental office.
- While you wait to meet with the dentist you should try to stop the bleeding with gauze or a cotton ball and ice.
- Broken or cracked tooth: Any time you lose a piece of your tooth, try to save what you can so that we can try to reattach it to the tooth to save your tooth and save you money. A good place to keep it safe is a glass of milk or held in your cheek.
- Mouth Sores: Most sores will go away in a couple of days or weeks, but if they do not then you should schedule an appointment to meet with your dentist. It could mean the following issues:
- Other signs of irritation.
While you wait to be seen by the dentist you can use hydrogen peroxide like normal mouthwash—but remember not to swallow it.
- Broken Crown: While the crown itself may take additional appointments to replace, you may have significant pain from breaking the crown. It is better to get a new mold ready to replace your broken one.
Regardless of your emergency, please call us first so we can give you instructions over the phone on how to handle the situation until you get to our office to prevent any further damage or pain.
Call Us With Your Dental Emergency!
Do not suffer in unnecessary pain! Let our dental team help you in a time of crisis. We will instruct and treat you on how to save your teeth and oral health. If you experience any emergency let us help you get on the road to recovery. Our dental team is trained and ready to help you in any emergency. Call Peter Family & Cosmetic Dentistry today to give you emergency dental care!